Last updated: 03rd May 2018
This policy together with the Terms and Conditions tells you about the information we collect from you and how it will be controlled and/or processed by us.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this policy. Please do not use this website unless you agree with this policy.
The data controller and/or processor is Marathon Artists Limited whose registered office is at 5th Floor, 89 New Bond Street, London W1S 1DA, United Kingdom.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
According to the law, we can only collect your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so. Our lawful reason for collecting your personal data is Legitimate Interests, which are outlined in the table below.
|WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR||LEGAL GROUNDS FOR USE||OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS|
|To develop and manage our brand, products, and services on behalf of the Artist||Our Legitimate Interests||To identify ways to improve our delivery of products to you and other customers.|
Providing you with information about products and/or similar products you have shown an interest in. Identifying or defining similar customers for new or similar products.
To develop and manage our brand, products, and services on behalf of the Artist
Our Legitimate Interests
To identify ways to improve our delivery of products to you and other customers.
Your personal data will be kept for as long as we need it. How long we need data depends on what we are using it for, whether we are providing services to you or for our own legitimate interests as outlined in this policy or so we can comply with the law. When there is no longer a customer, legal or business need for us to hold it or you’ve requested for it to be removed we will either delete it securely or in some cases anonymise it. If you would like to access, correct, or have your personal data removed from our systems please use the contact details at the end of this form. By requesting your data to be removed it will be understood your are withdrawing consent for your data to be processed and collected.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give to us
We collect and process personally identifiable data that you have provided to us such as: name, address, email address, mobile phone number and date of birth. You may provide this information to us in instances such as when you:
- subscribe to our email newsletter or text message updates
- fill out and submit a form to us
- enter a competition or sweepstake
- use our applications, or connected applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites
We may use your email address and/or mobile number for marketing purposes.
We may send you marketing communications via email if you have consented to receive such emails, these communications may include information regarding our past, current or future products or special offers. If you do not wish to receive these emails, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature, which will be provided on every information we send you, or contact us via the email below.
We may use your email address and/or mobile phone number information to show you marketing on third party sites and applications that we think are of interest to you. In addition, we may use your email address and/or mobile number to create lookalike audiences to market to people who we think will have an interest the same products to which you have subscribed to receive information.
In some cases personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties. This will always be highlighted to you before you submit your information. We will tell you who your information will be shared with, what for, and we will obtain your consent first before sharing your information. We may share some of your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Artists ex. For a meet and greet
- Competition and Sweepstake Providers ex. ‘Win Artist Merchandise’ or ‘Win a Trip to See Artist Play’
- Suppliers/Distributors who provide services to us ex. When order merchandise or products such as t-shirts, LPs or CDs
- Data analytics companies and advertisers ex. Google and Facebook
When we send your personal data outside of European Economic Area (‘EEA’), we will take every precaution to protect your personal data as if it were being used in the EEA. We will use one of the below safeguards to ensure protection:
- Transfer data to a non-EEA country which has privacy laws at least as protective as those within the EEA; or
- Put in place a contract with the recipient of the data meaning the recipient must uphold the same standards as required within the EEA; or
- Transfer it to organisations which are part of the Privacy Shield, who set out standards for data transference between the United States and European countries to ensure data is protected to the same standards as the EEA.
We protect your personal data against unauthorised access, unlawful use, accidental loss, corruption or destruction. We use technical measures such as encryption and password protection to ensure the protection of your data and the holding systems. Furthermore we limit the number of people who have access to the databases in which your personal data is held.
Should your personal data be processed beyond the specified means we will notify you. For the avoidance of doubt all your personal Information shall be stored, processed and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 or any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part and any other legislation relating to the protection of data such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Tell Me How You Really Feel campaign
By submitting your message to this site for the Tell Me How You Really Feel campaign you agree for it to be used as part of Courtney Barnett’s marketing and advertising activity managed by Courtney Barnett, Marathon Artists, Mom+Pop, Milk! Records.
If you would like to opt out of this, please email [email protected] with your contact details and the message you have submitted.
Automatically Collected Information
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files that websites place in your browser when you visit them. When you return to the site, the site can access its previously placed cookie to uniquely identify your browser. Cookies accomplish several different things. They recall your preferences at a website, help you view content more efficiently and improve the overall user experience on a website. They can also help advertisers see what interests you and what advertising may be relevant to you. For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or www.ico.gov.uk
3. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use the following cookies:
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you visit the Marathon Artists Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you (for example show content and links relevant to the country you are visiting from), and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of streaming service).
- Analytical cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Ad Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this site and the advertising displayed to you on other sites you visit more relevant to your interests. We may aggregate this data to conduct profiling to create actalike or lookalike audiences to show you advertising which we think will be of a legitimate interest and share this information with our partners for this purpose. This will assist us to provide you and others like you with Ads Relevant to your interests, please see the table below for additional information.
If you object to your cookies being used in this way please do not use this website.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Facebook Pixel||AnalyticalAd Targeting|
|Google AdWords||AnalyticalAd Targeting|
|Google Analytics||AnalyticalAd Targeting|
|Twitter Pixel||AnalyticalAd Targeting|
|Mediarithmics||Mediarithmics / Adelphi Pixel||AnalyticalAd Targeting|
4. HOW DO I DELETE AND MANAGE COOKIES?
You can enable, disable or delete cookies within the settings on your browser. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” menu). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser; you will need to do this yourself from within your browser by choosing the option to delete cookies. If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) please note that you may not be able to access all or parts of this website.
5. COOKIE AND PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for third party policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to or use these websites.
6. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have questions or complaints about this policy, how we collect or process your personal data, or would like to have your personal data removed, or have questions or comments regarding this website or our products please contact us at: [email protected]
Please also read this site’s TERMS AND CONDITIONS which can be found here.